Tuesday, January 17, 2012
January 18: Black Out Day
Menopausal Stoners, in solidarity my colleagues at Roundtree7.com and our friends at The Wild Wild Left, joins the internet blackout to protest SOPA and PIPA.
Wikipedia started the action: Stop Online Piracy Act,
Fight for the Future explains the necessity:
Essentially, these bills protect Corporate Interests and give Homeland Security more tools to send us all to Gitmo which recently had its 10th anniversary since Barack Obama didn't close it like he promised. I heard today that General Dynamics now has a contract with Homeland Security to monitor Facebook and other social media for signs of citizen dissent. Our tax dollars are at work looking for terrorists like me and you under the NDAA.
How's that Hopey Changey thing working for you?
- ► 2014 (13)
- ► 2013 (51)
- Cocktails at Cafe Lux, Part 2
- Cocktails at Cafe Lux
- Dressing for the End of an Empire
- Pissing Contest
- January 18: Black Out Day
- The Road to Beaumont
- Being taken Seriously: Thing of Beauty #44 1/2
- Occupy the Mail Box and A Few Words from Nina Simo...
- The Intersection of the Political and the Personal...
- It's Twue! It's Twue!
- ▼ January 2012 (10)
- ► 2011 (103)
- ► 2010 (120)
- ► 2009 (142)
- ► 2008 (70)