Monday, May 2, 2011

Wall Street, May 12 - Be There!

It's me on Worldwide Hippies again, with a name of my own, PENolan - but Joe still calls me Trish.  Works for me.  He's becoming proficient at graphics, and I think he's pretty insightful.



I'm jazzed about the rally on Wall Street organized by On May 12.   I've never been to a demonstration before, that I can remember anyway. I'm going to get a flip cam with my tax return so I can do my first report from a location instead of my desk where I'm sorry to say the lighting has emphasized the jowl lines I'm inheriting from my mother. Maybe I can learn a TV make up trick that works for webcams.

In other news, I don't have to have shoulder surgery again because it's just arthritis and inflammation. The doctor I saw today was an enthusiastic young surgeon who would be happy to perform a shoulder replacement if things deteriorate. My mother always says, "Doctors like to tinker." He can tinker with somebody else for a while.  Fortunately, I've got a very nice, long-standing relationship with the rheumatologist who keeps up with my morphea scleroderma.  I'm hoping he prescribes massage therapy and weed, although I'm pretty sure doctors in New York can't prescribe weed yet.

That won't prevent me from taking matters into my own hands, however.

9 Comments:

Blogger mac said...

I don't see any jowl line issues in there ! I see an empassioned woman. Maybe I'll put that on my things of beauty list :-)

May 2, 2011 at 9:16 PM  
Blogger PENolan said...

My heavens - that must be the southern charm I've heard about

May 2, 2011 at 11:13 PM  
Anonymous Jennifer said...

Re: taking matters into your own hands - of course! There's a reason they always said, mother knows best.

Maybe with your flip cam you can make an instructional video for youtube on jowl line makeup tricks. I could use it.

Yay on the rally report. Can't wait!

May 2, 2011 at 11:18 PM  
Blogger PENolan said...

Jennifer - WWH News & Stuff is really just an experiment for me, but I'm having fun. If I master the learning curve, there's no telling WHAT I'll start doing on youtube.

The thing is that so many people don't read anymore that you have to go with video if you intend to reach folks in a certain demographic. And in order to have a revolution, you've got to reach the people who are already philosophically on board but who haven't felt like getting off the couch. From what I've seen, the best route seems to be facebook status reports and short video.

WWH News is not really short enough - or punchy enough. Dennis Trainor and Punk Patriot are much better at that, but we're finding our way

May 3, 2011 at 6:36 AM  
Blogger VV said...

Love that slight Texas drawl in there. Nice to hear what you sound like and I didn't notice any jowls.

May 3, 2011 at 8:14 AM  
Blogger Dr. MVM said...

You're such a hottie. I love your message and how cute you are delivering it.

May 3, 2011 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger PENolan said...

V.V. and Dr. MVM, Thank you for your support. Now I have to think of something to do next week.

May 3, 2011 at 9:10 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Same BS here in Nevada, with our Republican governor slashing the budget while giving more tax breaks to the big corporations. He after teachers' unions, too. Glad to hear you're going to the Wall Street rally.

May 4, 2011 at 11:47 AM  
Blogger PENolan said...

Thanks, OKATB - now I have to get a flip cam . . .
And I must admit, I'm getting nervous about finding an apartment

May 4, 2011 at 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home