THE RULESWithin my list of seven blogs are some folks who I absolutely cannot imagine playing along with the award thing - particularly the 10 Things About Yourself - but I'm naming them anyway because I like them. We still live in a free country, after all, and they can choose to ignore as many of the rules as they please.
1.You must brag about the award
2. You must include the name of the blogger who bestowed the award on you and link back to the blogger
3. You must choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design
4. Show their names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog
5. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass on the instructions.
Bruce M. Hood
Drinking Liberally in New Milford
Fading Ad by Frank H. Jump
Of Course I Could Be Wrong
Now for the list of ten honest things about myself.
1. This list reminds me of that list of 25 Random Things about yourself on Facebook. I kind of like Facebook even though the new format really sucks.
2. I almost gave into an impulse to post my real name here at Menopausal Stoners so we could all be friends on Facebook - then I remembered all the good reasons why I use PENolan as my name here on the blog. You never know about stalkers and/or ex-husbands, boyfriends and fiancees.
3. Mostly, I'm so afraid of other people that I'm surprised I can leave the house. When I first moved to New York, I was so afraid of getting hollered at by people that I couldn't call in an order for Chinese food and had nightmares about giving taxi drivers a bill larger than a twenty.
4. One of the main reasons I work as a preschool teacher is that I consider a preschool an emotionally safe environment.
5. I hate my body
6. I like my hair
7. I'm a sucker for wild flowers and chipmunks
8. I wish I had the guts to send out my stories to be published in a real magazine. I'm getting there, but I'm still a dang chicken.
9. I'm better off financially than lots of people, but I wish I could pay my bills on time and didn't owe my shrink a fortune and could afford to get my teeth fixed. Unfortunately, there's no relief in sight even if I phased my therapy down to once a week and I'm not quite stable enough to do that yet since I've only been totally off Depakote for three months. Maybe by September.
10. I'm proud to be a Welsh Witch like Stevie Nicks - even though I'm not really a witch and I don't think she is either.
11. I still can't figure out how to create a link in somebody else's blog. Every time I try, I wind up with an entirely separate post in my blog that gives the link to their blog. I wish somebody could explain this process to me since the Blogger Help on this task positively sucks.