Liberality gave me a blog award which is a great way to end a great day. I love reading her blog because she's a compassionate, thinking woman, a wise grandmother who does yoga, takes classes and reads non-stop at her job as a librarian so I take it as a high compliment that she likes to read this blog.
My task is now to make a list of seven things I like that does not include people.
In no particular order:
- Wine. All kinds, especially with good food. Perhaps I should just say I like Sensual Delights.
- Parties, especially at my house since they include wine, punch, tasty treats and lots of lovely and talented people. The other good thing about parties at my house is that I can wear my pajamas if I want to, and I have very nice pajamas. 2a. Pajamas
- My job - great colleagues, fun kids, excellent facility, smart directors.
- The concept of HCW which doesn't count as a person right now because he's become a character that lives in my head, providing endless hours of distraction from tricky real life situations as well as opportunities for introspection and reflection.
- My Great-grandfather's 1912 Remington Shot Gun (that I mentioned my gun directly following HCW is strictly coincidental)
- Velvet's school: SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry. Brilliant kids and wonderful teachers working diligently together to create a more sustainable modern lifestyle. He'll be off at their campus in the Adirondacks next week on retreat with the other Environmental Resources & Forest Engineers. Here's the view from the webcams at Huntington Wildlife Forest.
- Blogging. I appropriated this item from Liberality's list because I like blogging, too. Not only is it a satisfying creative outlet, but through blogging I've developed connections with lots of interesting individuals. I'll mention Woody here since he's not one of the four blogs I'll be passing the award to. Like many bloggers, he's an accomplished, intriguing character. He got my attention with a great line about finding my consciousness attractive. My consciousness? I'm still impressed by that line even though I'm pretty sure his neighbors duck when they see him coming - but that's just because of the uninhibited way he expresses himself.
As for the four - first I have to say that all the blogs in the sidebar are "creative" since bloggers are a creative bunch. Following the links to discover new connections is one of the best things about blogging (besides getting awards). All the links in the sidebar merit multiple clicks - as do the links on their blogs and their blogs and so on and so on.
Since four must be chosen, however, I'll go with:
Utah Savage because she's got an ongoing writing project at her blog that is outstanding
Realia, for great stories and a bit of inspiration
Banquet of Consequences Too since JadedJ never fails to amuse and needs to change the award in his side bar
To Someone Likeminded. Pondering Life, The Universe and Everything from Tulsa.
**Special Thanks to Intelliwench at Post-Raphaelite Sisterhood. JadedJ passed the award on to her, as I hoped he would, and she had the good sense and manners to correct the spelling. The original spelling bothered me and Utah too.