Saturday, November 3, 2012

Relating to Kermit

I'm over at Roundtree7 this morning, getting a little mouthy about politics.  The sad truth is that I try to avoid confrontation so completely that I won't even say some things on my own blog because I don't want anybody in real life to bring up certain topics next week, or even next month.  Or maybe it's because my personal feelings on this topic are so strong that I'm afraid I'll come off as attacking or judgmental.  I do wish that some of my friends in real life had come to the same conclusion - but what's important right now isn't really who is voting for whom nearly so much as the love we share for each other and for the larger community.  In the end, we're all facing the same challenges no matter how things turn out on Tuesday.

Ellsberg, Hedges and Me at Roundtree7.com



 Update: I've been told that John Cusack tweeted my post at Roundtree7 sometime Sunday and it got 600 hits that afternoon. Pretty amazing. I still feel a little lonely and a lot outnumbered, but I continue to believe that if this country is ever going to break the corporate stranglehold on the government - especially when it comes to fossil fuels and environmental preservation and protection, then some of us are going to have to start voting Green. It won't change anything tomorrow, but voting Green is kind of like taking the Road Less Traveled. It leads to a better place, even if it does take another 100 years to get there.

7 Comments:

Blogger Gail said...

HI TEXAS
great post, point well stated and well taken. You are so "correct". Remember, I thuink yiu are the best and most real reporter of the news and events and politics and what should and should not "be". Yup, you are the one I trust. So, I vote for you!
Love you
Gil
peace....

November 3, 2012 at 12:35 PM  
Blogger Makropoulos said...

Hey how ya doin'? I've been way too busy these days.
You keep being mouthy about politics. Ultimately, folks did listen to Kermit, to the point where he gets quotes regularly on blogs like yours.

November 3, 2012 at 3:01 PM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

I don't have to say a word..my truck speaks for me..every Obama/Biden bumper sticker know, Pagan stickers, equal rights stickers..etc..and no one says a word..but they also know better than to bad mouth my President or ask me If I've found Jesu...

November 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM  
Blogger VV said...

M is getting really stressed about the election. I'm resigned to whatever will be.

November 4, 2012 at 10:41 PM  
Anonymous Jennifer said...

Amen.

November 5, 2012 at 2:02 PM  
Blogger PENolan said...

Gail, I'm glad to see you "out and about." Hope you get power soon and aren't freezing up there.
Jackiesue - I would expect nothing less ;)
V.V. I just hope (1) Obama wins and (2) the results are clear so we're not fucking with this until Christmas.
Jennifer - I've been loving your photo blog. Beautiful and fun, too.
Mak - that's the nicest thing anybody has said to me in a while.

November 5, 2012 at 10:54 PM  
Blogger What, Who, When? said...

Hi, did you hear that Germany has closed all of it's nuclear facilities and has produced to much green energy this year? Yikes, if they can do it?.....What about the good old USA?

On another note, they pay some of their workers well enough and give them long vacations and good health care. Then they bid on projects and it is they, the Germans who supplied the steel for the new trade center in New York. Keep up the good work, :) JJ

November 9, 2012 at 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home