Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sunsets, Boats and Work

I've been spending much more time at my job than I have in years.  I never get to take naps anymore, except on the weekend which is actually a benefit since I'm not waking up ridiculously early all the time.  Maybe I'm more relaxed, especially since once the clocks Fell Back, the sun is coming through my window at about 3:30.  With this kind of light - I'm very happy to hang out in my classroom and pretend to be working.

This photo is kind of dark, but you can see the light hitting the masking tape sculpture that hangs on curtain rods over the tables.


That sunbeam lights up the whole room


Here's the light shining onto a piece of fabric we draped over a curtain rod and stuck behind the bookshelves.  It's kind of like a room divider between the kid zone and the grown up zone.


Here's the Grown Up zone.  The kids are allowed in there, of course, because the truth is that we couldn't keep them out.  Once my stuff is out of storage, my old desk top computer is moving to that little desk so I can crank up the stereo whether the kids are there or not.


That's my old sun hat on the rack in the corner.  The other teachers make fun of me when I wear it on the roof playground, but really - I'm not getting any more wrinkles if I can help it.  When my big computer is there, I may use it instead of the laptop since the laptop belongs to the school.  I don't feel comfortable blogging from work - so I restrict myself to facebook.  Here's the lap top:


And this is me:

Here's the view out the window from my work space - which is why I mostly don't work at all.  I just look out the window.  If you look closely, you can see the little boat.  I like watching the boats go by.



As it happens, the kids like looking at the boats, too


7 Comments:

Blogger Woody (Tokin Librul/Rogue Scholar/ Helluvafella!) said...

That's a really GREAT space for what you do, kiddo...

November 14, 2012 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

HI TEXAS - great pictures, view, ambiance, glorious is more like it. You have arrived!!!
Love Gail
peace...

November 14, 2012 at 10:46 AM  
Blogger mac said...

The other teachers are probably just jealous ;-)


November 15, 2012 at 12:48 AM  
Anonymous dissed said...

That's an amazing work space. Hope your personal space works as well.

November 16, 2012 at 9:24 PM  
Blogger PENolan said...

dissed, it's a tricky process but the apartment is starting to come together.

mac, I can always count on you to make me smile - but really, they make serious fun of me since I look like I need a big glass of lemonade and a switch.

Gail - thank you! I hope your move is progressing and your cell phone is drying out.

Woody - don't you EVER dry out ;)

November 19, 2012 at 7:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful photo of you. Martin and I can't wait to meet you. We'll be in NYC Jan 3 to 12. I'll send a FB note with details. xoxo

November 20, 2012 at 12:22 AM  
Blogger MarcusP said...

That is a really great photo...

November 21, 2012 at 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home