Saturday, September 22, 2012

Velvet's Celebrity Lifestyle

On October 6th, shooting will begin on an independent film in which Velvet is an actor.  One of his buddies finally got the funding all sewed up for what appears to be an updated version of Guess Who's Coming to Dinner - but I can't say anything about it until I am fully apprised of the details of the Non Disclosure Agreement Velvet signed earlier this week.  It's been notarized and everything.  Velvet even has a contract and will be paid handsomely for his performance.

He's beyond excited about this turn of events, especially since his costumes are flashy track suits, matching running shoes and sunglasses custom made to coordinate with the ensembles.  He seems to be doing well at school too, but he's already thinking that he will need to lay out a semester to film a movie in Vegas.  Apparently, he and the buddy, who will have to have a code name sooner or later, came up with the Vegas idea while they were in a nightclub downtown.  The friend has established a few relationships with owners and bartenders at trendy nightclubs which enables the children to have tables and tequila shots and sundry perks that typically come with VIP rooms and celebrity treatment.

Velvet says that being in a movie feels so natural and right for him that it just shows the Universe has a plan for all of us, and it was never in the Universe's plan for him to become an engineer.  Going to Tree Hugger may have been fighting the plan in terms of career choice, but according to Velvet - the whole thing worked out perfectly because if he hadn't flunked out, gotten depressed and been hanging out with Hawkeye the trustifarian last spring, he never would have met the film maker.  Now that he feels aligned with the Universe, all Velvet has to say is:  My Plan is Sound.
That may even be a catch phrase in the movie.

I'm excited for him and very proud - and the worst part of it all is that if anyone could spontaneously land a role in an independent film that leads to recurring cameos for his character, it's Velvet.  He and another friend are partnered as Buddies in the film who provide comic relief.  It's kind of like Jay and Silent Bob:


The kids will be running around the city shooting this movie for about 60 days.  I will be focusing on renovating the new place, so I'll be having to secure some funding of my own.  I'm confident all will be well, though, because I'm feeling nicely aligned with the Universe these days too.  

Now that I sent Notta Goodman that final salvo, I can see again why Velvet says my trouble with men is that I'm a Klingon.  Truly, I'm an easy going, fun loving woman for the most part, but I don't do well with Patriarchal Imposition. It's the clueless egoism and dismissive superiority that get me - especially when they refuse to take responsibility for their bullshit.  Everybody has their own bag of rocks, as my mother says, and in every relationship, there are times when each party's bullshit collides with the other's.  It's just that people should own their bullshit and do their best to recognize the other's perspective as valid even when the perspective doesn't match their own.

I'm happy to say that even when Velvet and I get pissy with each other, it's easy to see that Velvet owns his own bullshit well enough to maintain healthy, positive relationships with his friends - and especially with Cupcake. Turns out that Velvet is more mature than Notta Goodman in that department which means Velvet is more mature than tons of men since I'm pretty sure Notta Goodman is a typical specimen.  I'm evolving into a substantive, mature woman too, despite Notta Goodman's accusations.  I learned so much about the way my own ego operates in relationships through that distant, harmless interaction that I'm beginning to give up my need to DO something to find the right man.  A Course in Miracles says, "I need do nothing.."  We only need to choose to align with the flow of loving universal energy which is basically The Force, as defined by Obiwan and Yoda.

Once I settle into this ultimate relaxation, the right man will come into my life.  Plenty of men have landed in my living room, and although it seems like they were all Mr. Wrongs, they all had something to contribute to my development.  Notta Goodman was another walking, talking Patriarchal Imposition - much like that Preacher from The Mountains.  Both were certainly ego driven, but where Notta Goodman was controlling, the Preacher believed God had given him a greater authority and understanding than others.  Neither one of them meant anything by it, though.  The Narcissist, on the other hand, was a decidedly malicious, petty, bitter little man who did a lot of damage to the people around him. Even still, that relationship taught me very important lessons.  In my despair over that relationship, I finally experienced Grace and found my own Light.

Women face a different set of challenges in the world than men - but everyone suffers under The Patriarchy.  It's why we all need to embrace the paradigm shift now more than ever, and ride the wave to the future.  The solar system will be aligned with the center of the galaxy very shortly.  The energy has been shifting and swirling around for several years now, and most of us are uncomfortably anxious right now - and not just because of electoral politics and pervasive uncertainty.  Global consciousness is slowly shifting so that one by one, more and more of us are learning how to Be The Change.

I'm glad me and Velvet - and Buzz Kill to tell you the truth - have all taken great strides in that area.  I hope one day Notta Goodman pulls his head out from up his ass and owns his shit.  I have a feeling the Preacher from the Mountains did, and people around me are taking responsibility for their own choices and standing more and more firmly in their own beautiful light every day.

I learned from The Narcissist that when I play by someone else's rules, even if those rules make sense on some level, I'll go nuts because I compromise my own integrity in order to please a power-broker.  I chose to play along with Notta Goodman because I was convinced we had much to learn from each other.  I learned a lot.  Maybe he learned something too - or maybe our interaction will lead him to greater self awareness down the road somewhere.

I'm on my own road now, and so is Velvet.  Who knows where these roads lead?  But I trust we're going in the right direction and we need do nothing but stay in touch with our spirits and follow our hearts - or as Joseph Campbell used to say, "Follow your bliss."  

9 Comments:

Anonymous Josie said...

That labrys you swing disguised as a keyboard cuts right through the patriarchal bullshit!

Keep on keepin' on!

September 22, 2012 at 2:29 PM  
Blogger Life As I Know It Now said...

That is great that your son is finding his path.

September 22, 2012 at 3:05 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

HEY TEXAS - great, great post. I am thrilled for Velvet - wow, an Independent film! And you sound amazing - clear, directed, ready, moving on and on course.
Love you Trish
Gail
peace.....

September 23, 2012 at 8:39 AM  
Blogger VV said...

I'm going to invite a friend of mine to read your blog. She's at the same point in her life as you and also dealing with "looking/not looking" for a relationship. I think she could benefit from your experience and perspective. Also, post pix of the new place! So happy for you!

September 23, 2012 at 1:16 PM  
Blogger PENolan said...

V.V. Will be taking pics this afternoon. This process needs to be fully documented - and I'll be glad to "meet" your friend

Josie - that's quite a compliment!

Libs, it's great re: Velvet and as for that man, I've begun to realize I've been "played." There's a whole 'nuther post ;)

Gail - hope things are going well in CT. Lotsa Love

September 24, 2012 at 12:55 PM  
Anonymous Jennifer said...

Tides shifting for both you AND Velvet - wow! Keep riding the waves sis!

September 24, 2012 at 5:08 PM  
Blogger Cali said...

Great news all around! My kid, who started off as a landscape architecture student became a graphic design/multimedia arts major and is happier making art than I've ever seen him. Perhaps the arts ARE where Velvet has always belonged, too.

Now if the suicide girl wannabe would just RE-FUCKING-LAX and quit riding him like a g-fucking-d rented mule his life would be the proverbial bowl of cherries. *sigh* Oh well. We can't control what others say or do (no matter how damn much we might like to once in a while.) Hopefully he's learning some-fucking-thing about relationships.

I've known he wouldn't be treated well by women since we did his natal astrological chart after he was born. I REALLY thought that making sure he KNEW about this, and that we study astrology so we can know what to AVOID, would help him to actually avoid this kind of bullshit. Poor kid. Grrr. Too bad he didn't grow up to be gay.

September 28, 2012 at 8:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What great news about Velvet's film! I'm really excited for him and can't wait to hear more about it.

When I read some of your stories about men I feel like I married a saint. There really are more men out there like mine and like Velvet. Keep the faith!

October 19, 2012 at 5:01 PM  
Blogger PENolan said...

Susan, the other day when I was way out in the country, two or three flocks of geese flew over the house on the way south for the winter. It was an amazing, comforting sight. At that moment, I knew that as sure as the geese fly south every winter, the new man is going to turn up very soon.
I'm happy to say I've got plenty of faith.
Thanks for being out there

October 19, 2012 at 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home