Thursday, April 24, 2008

Embracing your Inner Floosie

I don't care about those stupid Disney Princesses or the Four Horsemen. Looking at all that Princess crap the girls own - as well as the Dora and Lightning McQueen underwear - does underscore America's destructive consumerism which is part of the Hell in a Hand Basket phenomenon, but the fact is that I'm really bummed out about Granny the Ho. Not even Tinkerbell or Cinderella's Fairy Godmother can fix that.

It may be that by thinking about who should be included in The Four Horsemen I have come up with a new essay, "In defense of Barbie," but that would be because of Embracing your Inner Floosie. If Granny was only one thing in her life, it was a Floosie for sure. Some dictionaries overstate the definition of Floosie - one online dictionary even uses the term "skank" which is, of course, absolutely untrue. Floosies are simply Loose with their Favors, that's all. And why be uptight about sex? As long as a person is safe, responsible and doesn't toy with other people's feelings, the number of partners a woman has during her life is her own prerogative.

Granny always had lots of admirers - and lots of husbands. It was a scandal back then, and as it happens, I caused a bit of a scandal myself during my divorce crazies. I'm glad I'm more like my grandmother than my mother who announced this weekend that she still considers Bill Clinton a pervert for getting a blow job. The look my father and I exchanged after her comment spoke volumes, but neither of us said a word. It's unwise to contradict my mother when she's on to the third glass of wine and making moral decrees.

All this thinking has led to another point on the Menopausal Stoner Manifesto: Embrace your Inner Floosie. Loosen up. Life is short; Gather ye rosebuds, etcetera.


PS: Love and Light from Menopausal Stoners everywhere to Kittywrinkle in Blogland. She's having a bad day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kitty said...

Bless you hun ... never mind a bad day ... how about a bad week/month/year/past 2 years?

On the positive side, I feel my inner floosie is pretty darned healthy ;-)

Take care. x

April 25, 2008 at 8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we are working to reclaim the word "slut" . . .

if lesbians can proudly reclaim the word dyke . . . why can't we all be plain old sluts? :)

much love from the bird's nest to our favorite menopausal stoner

the 3LBs

April 30, 2008 at 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home