Monday, October 13, 2008

What about Weed?

Muddy says, "There shouldn't be no law against people want to smoke a little dope." I wish to high hell somebody would talk more about that during the presidential debates. The economic crisis is all very important - but I've been broke for years. When you've got The $15 in the Bank Account Day Before Payday Blues, what matters is that shit trickles down hill and when it hits, it's going to suck. That's life. So why can't smoking weed be the same as drinking beer?

The War in Vietnam - ooops, I meant Iraq - is a critical issue. If we have to be there, the Iraquis need to fork over some bucks. Surely there is an equitable arrangement. Either way, smoking weed should be the same legally as drinking beer (Of course I'm high. Was there really a doubt?)
Plenty of people have been making this point and others along the same lines for years. I merely lend another voice to the chorus of "Legalize Marijuana." No one has to smoke it if s/he doesn't want to - just like you don't have to have a cocktail from time to time.

In case my mother is looking - and she might be - I am not contributing to the delinquincy of a minor because Velvet is with Buzz Kill for the night. It's wise for me to know my mother might look at the blog because then I won't write anything that my mother shouldn't read. If I didn't have that hanging over me, there's no telling what I might say especially since now I know somebody's paying attention.

About two weeks ago, I installed Analytics on my account so now I know that 400 people from 21 countries have looked at this blog since October 1. Every single day, somebody lands on Gayle's Panties (Stoner Date 2.16.08) because they are googling for fetish sites, I guess. They bounce right off. They would bounce off those nasty panties if they landed on them in real life too. Several people have wound up here for one reason or another, mentioned Menopausal Stoners on their own blogs and which in turn sent even more people - which is so surprising to me that I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea. I like it, naturally, it's just that I don't quite know what to make of it.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I told the Artist from the South of France about the blog. He's been on the periphery for the last couple of weeks on account of he's moving to a different apartment in his building. Since I've decided that he's allowed to cross the perimeter into home territory, I figured he better know about the blog. Two men's heads have already exploded from reading about themselves on the blog - he could be next. It's only fair he should be forewarned.

With Velvet at Buzz Kill's, I have a wonderful opportunity to celebrate the moon which is practically full. I like to throw candle stumps into the construction site next door. That I can hear the stump plopping three stories or more deep into a hole that will be a 15 story building next year shows how close the building will be. Tonight, I had six or seven half-burned votives that needed to go flying tonight because the colors were inferior and because they were associated with a past that needs to be gone. As they were sailing through the air, I directed a thought at the Goddess: Everything changes, let me find what I need to evolve. It helps me to make abstract thinking concrete. To some people (like Velvet), it looks Wiccan but it's no more Wiccan than lighting the Our Lady of Guadeloupe candle and thanking G*d for the woman from Brazil who cleans my apartment.

Frankly, this activity seems all together harmless to me. Smoke a little weed, listen to my favorite music, ask for a blessing from above and chuck some stuff off the terrace into the construction site (although sometimes I toss flowers into the garden below or throw the salt that's been collecting negativity in each room to the wind).

Weed is not for everyone. I'm not recommending that everyone everywhere should get high as much as possible - even though it might do some people a world of good.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kitty said...

Marijuana was decriminalised in Britain, along with a good deal of other Western Europe, a while ago. It's now ok to possess it or smoke it, but not to push it. That's still illegal.

I think it's only right that men who are mentioned on blogs should be able to read them - I know HeWhoNoLongerResides reads mine regularly.

x

October 14, 2008 at 5:01 AM  
Blogger PENolan said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

October 14, 2008 at 9:17 AM  
Blogger Comrade Kevin said...

I smoked for years, but I simply can't do it anymore because it interacts so badly with my medications.

And, towards the end, I was getting horrifically bad panic attacks, so away it went.

October 15, 2008 at 10:43 AM  
Blogger PENolan said...

G*d knows there is reason enough to panic without making your personal situation worse with weed.
You never know how someone will respond to substances. Alcohol makes some people gregarious and friendly; others get morose and mean.

It's a puzzlement - but I'm still glad you're feeling better with your meds.

October 15, 2008 at 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home