Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's a Puzzlement

Now my dang father looked at the blog and I think he must have read about Double Wide and ShatAKing. Jeez. The poor man's going to have another stroke and every one will say it was all my fault.

He was looking because I told him that somebody in Australia had googled the phrase, "you can't skate in a buffalo turd" and landed back in the archives because I had quoted one of my dad's favorite songs. Roger Miller sang it years ago, and Dad used it to illustrate his favorite lesson to us kids during our formative years.


You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd
But you can be happy if you put your mind to it



This is basic Albert Ellis REBT (rational emotive behavior therapy) which is rather like the Bob Newhart school of psychotherapy. It works for some people quite well. I used to know someone who swore by it. While I think it's absolutely true that Everything is Decisional, REBT is too confrontational for me, but my ids are damaged.

Today I'm wondering if somebody is playing me like a violin.
Not Velvet - no one has to wonder if he's playing me.

I'm also wondering who it is that looks at this blog every day from Macintosh equipment using Verizon Internet Services in New York. It's so unlike a Mac user to sign up for a Verizon product that I'm thinking somebody with a lap top is using the neighbor's wireless connection.

My father thinks it's Buzz Kill's lawyer. I doubt it because if Buzz Kill were paying someone to check on things over here - he'd have to actually PAY the person. Never happen. So I have a little mystery on my hands.

If the visitor were searching for Crusty Panties I wouldn't give it a second thought because somebody from somewhere in the world stumbles across this blog every day because they googled Crusty Panties - or worse. Bokonism gets a lot of attention too. It should because of all the religions I've ever studied, it's the only one that makes perfect sense all the time. No. This person first showed up in early October googling "menopausal stoner." Note there's no S. S/he uses the same keywords every time. That's what happens when you can personally account for nearly the whole audience. Could be someone with whom I corresponded a bit via Plenty of Fish - never actually met him, but I mentioned the blog. Or it could be an actual stalker. Unlikely, but it happened to one of my lovely girlfriends.
It's a puzzlement.
Yul Brynner, The King and I

5 Comments:

Blogger Kitty said...

Yul Brynner looked magnificent in The King And I. No other man could have looked so perfect in the costumes. I always cry at the end of the film.

I get lots of people googling about mens' nipples landing at my blog. Oh yes, and other googling the word 'snog'. They must be thoroughly disappointed when they find very little actually pertaining either to mens' nipples or to snogging, and instead get me and my kids and all the bizarre goings on associated with us.

Hope your dad liked your blog.

x

December 1, 2008 at 4:18 AM  
Blogger PENolan said...

Men's nipples and sock monkeys? Snogging sock monkeys? Some fetish!

Dad says he doesn't understand why people would read this stuff since there's nothing about the economy or politics. He's glad we're having fun.

December 1, 2008 at 6:01 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

Hi there-

I love a good mystery. Hmmmmmmmmm, who could they be? Please keep posting the clues.

And that photo of Yul! Yikes! Scary.

Love,
Gail
peace....

December 1, 2008 at 9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera." GREAT photo.

I visit all the time, but it's menopausal memory loss. I read, forget that I've read and come back later, then forget again.

December 1, 2008 at 7:23 PM  
Blogger PENolan said...

Yeah, Gail looks in from CT, you look in from GA, sometimes from work.

I love a mystery too, but I'd rather have romantic drama any day.

December 1, 2008 at 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home